Friday, August 19, 2011

What Did Van Learn Today? ... Getting good karma is not always welcomed

Whenever I see a praying mantis in distress I usually take the opportunity to help the poor little guy out. At the ballpark one day, I saved one from a couple of curious kids that only wanted to abuse it. I picked it up and dropped it over the fence where they couldn't get to it.

Praying mantises are cute little creatures that are relatively harmless and, in fact, protected by federal law, due their endangered status.


So, yesterday I found one crawling around on the outside of my car. The trouble was that I had already driven away and by the time I saw it, I was getting ready to get on the highway. I said to myself - "self," he is not going to survive at highway speeds. And besides, he was looking in the window at me as if he was asking for help. Anyway, I pulled over as soon as I could and he was still on my window, so I reached out my hand to help him off the car. I'll tell you, I don't think he wanted any help. He jumped off my car quicker than lightning - luckily into the grass and not into traffic.

Karma: +1

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: