Monday, November 28, 2011

Karma +1

While I was out at lunch today, I stopped an accident from happening. I was in a parking lot and two cars were backing out of a space at the same time. I was driving down the row in my car - having just come from lunch. The cars backing out were moving quite slowly, so I thought that one would probably see the other, but they kept getting closer and closer, so I eventually blew my horn to warn of the impending collision.

By the way, I love the horn on my Mini. It's not one of those whiny horns like so many foreign cars get, it has a good 'old American horn that is nice and loud.

Anyway, I blew my horn and the cars stopped. I was maybe 25 feet away from the scene. One of the drivers then leaned on his horn and drove off. He probably thought that the other car blew the horn at him. Crisis averted. I hope they appreciate my good will.

2 comments:

David Corey said...

A good horn is an essential part of modern driving. I'd like to get a truck horn on my VW so that I can get more respect.

Rockeysockey (aka Van) said...

I totally agree. Whoever came up with the whiny car horn should be forced to drive on the Washington Beltway at rush hour for an undetermined length of time.